Thursday, August 25, 2011

No Weigh in. It's My Birthday!

Good Bye 30 Hello 31!. I'm not where I had wanted to be weight wise but I am on the right path. I decided that for my birthday I would not weigh in today. I had a number in my head and if I dont' see that number I will be very upset and I dont' want to be upset on or around my birthday. So I know that I am only 2 pounds away from that number so all last week and the rest of this week I have and will continue to work out with Just Dance and stretch with yoga. I enjoyed my birthday and didn't want a silly number keeping me from having the Duck in blackberry port sauce and a second glass of wine followed by dessert nachos at the bar for trivia=). Today was yogurt for breakfast and lots of abb work.

I feel as women we try too hard to do it all. We also let numbers rule our lives and tell us if we are attractive or not. I was not going to let that number take over my birthday. My dress looked awesome as did hair and makeup. When I feel good about how I look I don't care what number I'm wearing. In my mind I could be walking down a runway full of confidence. The only thing that can take my America's next top Model confidence away is the number on the scale.

Birthdays, holidays and special occasions should be no scale weeks. Still weigh in the week before so you have a starting point, but give your self an extra week after the event to get at least back to that starting point. I hate seeing the scale go up  I become so depressed that I start to eat without really thinking about what I"m doing and then in the middle of the pot of mac and cheese (yes I said pot) I come back to earth and throw the rest of the mac and cheese in the trash so that I'm not tempted to eat anymore, and then go and do crazy work outs to burn off what I did eat. Anyone else know this cycle?

So anyways long rant about giving myself an extra week before weigh in and why I think it's OK to do that. Keep strong all my weight yo yo friends.

Cheers
Katie

No comments: