Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Baking

Along with finding different recipes to make each night I'm am also experimenting in the world of BAKING!!!! I am not a fan of baking since you have to measure and really pay attention. The only baking I do is when you buy a box of Betty Crocker Cake mix and add the egg, oil, and milk and pour everything in a pan. If I make cookies I buy the sheet of already measured out cookie dough that I only need to break off and place on a greased cookie sheet and pop in the oven for 12 minutes or so. It is time for me to branch out and I want to give real baking a try. For our wedding my family dog MacDuff gave me the Better Crocker Bridal Edition cookbook.  So I am about to go down and start making dough for bread. I will let you know how it ends up when I am done.

Cheers
Katie

SUCCESS!!!!!! I made a very large loaf of Country Style bread. I think it's called Country Style because this was how they made it before they had bread pans or something. But It looks great and tastes like bread so yea!!!!!!! I think I'll have some for lunch with my sandwich=)

No comments: