Thursday, August 25, 2011

Starbucks

Many of you know my love to Starbucks coffee. My favorite is a triple grande nonfat white chocolate mocha no whip. That's about 420 calories and it costs over $5. So when I became a stay at home mom I stopped my daily run to Starbucks (yes it was daily) and only went there as a treat if I was getting together with friends or walking the trail that happened to run behind a Starbucks. Sadly my favorite Starbucks closed that was by the walking trail. The only other ones that were in our area were inside Harris Teeter by the mall, or on the way to Alexandra's old school. I can't get a drink at Harris Teeter because Alexandra has figured out that it must be really good since I won't give any to her and spends the whole shopping trip trying to have one sip of my drink. The one at the mall has really bad parking and it just isn't worth it and the one by Alexandra's school I never really go on that side of town anymore.

Well today I took a coffee to a friend who just had her second baby (it was decaf) and treated myself to a coffee. Not my usual but a grande nonfat Carmel macciato (only 270 calories). This was my breakfast along with the other half of the banana Alexandra didn't want but it was so worth it =). I had actually forgotten how good their coffee is. I do have a gift card and a free coffee for my birthday so I might have to plan another trip to Starbucks very soon =).

Cheers,
Katie

No comments: