Sunday, October 16, 2011

More Baking

I never in a million years would have thought I would enjoy baking. I have made two batches of white sandwich bread and a batch of french bread. Each time I learn how to make the next batch even better. The best part is I haven't needed to buy bread in 3 weeks. OK I have needed to do some major planning a head but it has been worth it. I also made cookies!!! This might not be as impressive as bread. I use to make cookies from the sheet of snap off cookie dough you just have to place on a cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes. I made my own cookie dough =). It was so yummy. I need to add less flour next time to make them a little softer.

Anyone else have baking stores or tips?

My quest to cook something different each night is still going strong. to make life easier I pick one cook book a week so that I just need to find a recipe in just that cookbook. So far we like the Rachael Ray recipies the best.

I do relize that it has been 3 weeks since I last weighed in. I decided to chance my weigh in day to Wednesday since VJ and I go to trivia on Wednesday nights and I really don't want to weigh in after drinking beer the night before. So Next Wednesday I promise I will weigh in. I just really hope it's down.

Cheers,
Katie

No comments: