Thursday, May 10, 2012

Meal from the freezer.

With the move in less than 2 weeks we are cleaning out our freezer. I had one bag left of the Bolognese sauce I made from Lidia Cooks From the Heart of Italy cook book. Lidia Bastianich is one of my favorite cooks. A few months ago I made a big pot of her Bolognese sauce. I measured out 1 and a half cup increments into plastic baggies and placed them in the freezer. That way I could have pasta with Bolognese sauce anytime and not have to cook it all day.

I made a little more pasta than I had sauce for so I just added about a cup from a jar of sauce we had in the pantry. I mixed the pasta, sauce and some parmigiana and baked it for 10 minutes at 350. This gave me time to finish up the salad and heat up some Texas toast. It was so good.

Bolognese sauce can be made in a shorter amount of time. It is totally worth it though to take your time and make a big pot that cooks all day. I will definitely make another batch after we move into our new house.

Cheers
Katie

No comments: