Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Cinco DiMizio part two

We have some left over ground beef and taco shells from our Cinco DiMizio party so we are having leftovers tonight. I'm not sure if Alexandra is going to be up for it but a quick quesadilla can fix a fussy eater. I would enjoy a Mexican beer but I have ballet class tonight and a bloated ballerina isn't fun for anyone.

Tacos were great. I started to just use chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper to season the beef and chicken. It's pretty good. I had forgotten to pick up some more shredded cheese so I took two sticks of string cheese and made my own:). It worked out. One of my new favorite toppings are sautéed onions and bell peppers. I cook everything in the same skillet after the ground beef so that they can all have the same seasoning. Next time I think I'll mix in some diced jalapeño peppers for a little kick.

Alexandra shocked us by eating her quesadilla and half of the diced tomatoes. Last night we couldn't get her to touch her food. Ahh the joys of parenting.

Cheers,
Katie

No comments: