Friday, October 3, 2014

Birthday cake with love

I am not a baker. I do bake bread but that's about it. Once a year I will dust off my cake pans and bake a cake for my wonderful husband. You know he's a wonderful man since I won't even bake a cake for my children. I have done filled pudding cakes, ice cream cakes, and brownies. This year the Kansas City Royals made the playoffs for the first time in 29 years. So being the huge KC fan that he is, he requested a Kansas City Royals cake. 

All of my past cakes were simple. Frosted and decorated with sprinkles. Done. This was going to be a new level of decoration for me. But after 2 days (yes it took 2 days) I think it  I did ok. 


I have the best helper



I finally bought an icing knife. Made covering the cake so much easier! 


It took 20 minutes and a tooth pick 


My little helper. She did a great job with the decorations. 


Not perfect but cute and made with lots of love. 




No comments: