Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Hello 2012! 2011 was a hard year for our family so we are looking forward to a new year. I don't know how we did it but VJ and I stayed up till 2:00 last night. We can't remember the last time we were up that late. We think the gun fire at midnight gave us an adrenalin boost.

Yes we are sure it was gun fire. We could hear a car drive up the road while firing a gun. There was also the recognizable shotgun, and the sound if someone unloading a clip. This was followed by lots of police cars rushing to our area. Alexandra slept through the whole thing.

So we really hope we can sell the house this year:)!

Other than the house we also want to get our family back in shape. So it's time to bring back the lose it app. Instead of having one big goal i think smaller goals are more achievable. So my goal is to be down 10 pounds by Valentines Day. That's it. I'll come up with a new goal on the 14th.

My other goal is to take more "me time". As you know I've been struggling with ulcerative colitis since August. One thought my doctor and I had was to help me have more time to relax and rest. So I take meds to help me sleep all night and listen to calming waves while Alexandra takes a nap. I think that should also mean I should go to a day spa on a biweekly bases:) just a thought:).

So happy new years everyone. Let's make it a wonderful year.

1 comment:

The Riggs Family said...

Sorry about the gunshots, Katie. I've had my share of digestive issues as well...yoga has really helped. Not hard-core, contortionist yoga, but gentle yoga. There's a great gentle yoga DVD on Amazon and if you take a class, look for restorative. My doc also recommended a sleep mask and earplugs for sleeping. The sleep mask so that no light bothers me and the earplugs are foamy, so I can still here if the kids make major noises at night, but don't wake up for every little movement on the monitor.